Sunday, June 21, 2009

Catching Up

I have given a fair amount of thought to re-opening our lives to a blog. Our first attempt at a blog failed. We posted two or three times and really never caught the blogging bug. I have decided however that a blog is an efficient and fun way to document what you have happening in your life. Until recently I thought Facebook was a good enough way to share our happenings, but have since re-evaluated and decided it's not the best documentation tool. I also have been known to mock what I refer to as "unhealthy blogging". In efforts to avoid this and being a hypocrite, I will promise here and now to refrain from posting anything that is a.) highly emotional/religious b.) of a controversial political nature c.) anything that is annoying/intense that you don't really care to waste your time reading about should you visit our blog.

Now that we have our Gwen here there is a lot to document, so that's what I hope to do, document our life as a family. I may occasionally share some of my personal thoughts/feelings and ideas because that's also something I believe you ought to do if you are attempting to keep an electronic journal so to speak. I would rather call this my electronic journal, not my blog, but I guess I will just call it my blog because I am going to stop living in denial about a blog being a blog. So, look forward to some posts from time to time. If I sent you word of our new blog it's because I LOVE LOVE LOVE you. My next post will include highlights from: Gwen's birth and first few months, Father's Day 2009, our new car, plans for our upcoming trip to NYC, discussion of our family reunion with my family, and our new furniture. It's been an exciting week. If anyone (Chris Heyman/Bonnie) reads this and then mocks me for choosing to blog to document our life, I will be forced to block you from enjoying my posts.

6 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging world! can't wait for updates!! - steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST ADMIT IT!! YOU ARE BLOGGING! LOL. I am the follower on your blog, ginger asha. our blog is: http://mauriceandtasha.blogspot.com/
    We can now stalk each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so excited for the blog! Can't wait to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to see you have joined the blogging world and do feel free to express any opinion you have, seriously its your blog and you can say what you want. I always get a good laugh when you speak your mind, so express yourself and tell us all about GWENY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back! Your last one was funny and I'm excited for this one.

    ReplyDelete