Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday America

We spent the 4th of July in Idaho this year. We had a lot of FUN spending time with my cousins in Driggs, Idaho and with my family and friends in Pocatello. Gwen is VERY sensitive to loud noises. Andrew bought these ear muffs for the race track, we use them all of the time for other things though... e.g. vacuuming, movies, taking naps in loud places, and parades! This was at the 4th of July parade in Victor, Idaho. After the parade we had breakfast at a cute place called Teton Twist. We then headed to Swan Valley for their world famous Square ice cream!


















The population sign behind me reads a little over 800. Andrew and I really enjoyed our visit to this quite corner of Idaho (close to Jackson Hole, Wy).










Cousins!







Gwen and Courtney cuddled up to enjoy the firework show in Pocatello. My brother Adam and Sister-in-Law Brandi host a fun party every year. It was a success again this year but it was COLD and RAINY. Gwen absolutely loved the firework show. We couldn't even get her to blink she was so ecstatic about it!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I love square ice cream! I'm glad you had such a great time! Bibi said the party at Adam's was crazy--hail and rain. We hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you were Idaho. I love the square ice cream cones, I want one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ear phones for Gwenny. She looks so cute in them. I can't wait for you three to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something so simple and sweet about small towns. I love how everyone knows everyone and the town is like one big family.
    I can't wait to see you this month :) Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gwen is getting so big! You look beautiful as always. Do explain square ice cream; I've never heard of that!

    ReplyDelete